Domain Name Registry
The role of TRA
In accordance to the Telecommunications regulatory Act, the TRA manages & regulates Oman Domain Names under the two top level domain (.om) & (.عمان). TRA has established a registry which shall contain a domain names database under the two top level domain (.om) & (.عمان). The main roles of the Authority are as follow:
- Operate & manage domain names system under the two top level domain (.om) & (.عمان).
- Issue policies, framework and guidelines related to domain name registration.
- Accredit Registrars and ensure their compliance to policies, frameworks & guidelines issued by the Authority.
The Accredited Registrar:
An entity authorised by the Authority under the Registrar Accreditation Agreement to receive, process, register, transfer, suspend and cancel applications for Internet domain names and to take all related procedures within the limits of the powers specified in the Registrar Accreditation Agreement
Oman's Domain Features
Omani Domain advantage shall include the following:
- Short and distinctive domain name, and most names are available for registration
- Demonstrate Omani identity and contribute to the promotion of Arabic content
- Provides registrants with legal protection in accordance with the laws in force in Oman
- Identification related to the Sultanate on the Internet
- institutions (companies, government agencies, non-governmental organizations and bodies)
Decisions & Regulations
|Decision No. 1152/2/3/2022-5 Domain Names Regulation
How to register Oman Domain Name?
To register Oman Domain name (.om) & (.عمان) ,through one of the Accredited Registrars below:
|Oman Data Park
|Abu Ghazala Intellectual Property