Frequency Assignment & Licensing
- The Department of Frequency Assignment & Licensing is responsible for assigning frequencies and issuing radio licenses for the radio equipment users. The following are some of the duties undertaken by this department;
- Verify each application for radio licenses and ensure conformity with national and international regulations.
- Issue radio licenses and calculate fees
- Assign appropriate frequencies to radio-communications equipment.
- Define the rules for frequency assignment radio equipment licensing.
- Modify, renew and cancel radio licenses
- Assign call sign to different stations
- Issue provisional approvals for radio equipments.